We love taco night and could go for it just about any day of the week.
If you’re like us, high five. If you have family members who sorta groan when you make tacos yet again, you’ll want to switch it up and make this!
This taco casserole made with our Taco Seasoning puts a little bit of a twist in the classic taco night. We add all the ingredients into a casserole form and bake it until the sour cream and cheese gets melty and gooey.
Did we have you at melty and gooey? We thought so. YUM!
Now that we think of it, this taco casserole is almost like a cross between a casserole and nachos but without baking everything onto the nachos (eliminating the problem of soggy nachos!).
You can get as creative or plain as you want; try adding pickled jalapenos, fresh jalapenos, chopped cilantro, salsa instead of tomatoes, lettuce, re-fried beans, or even our enchilada sauce. The possibilities are truly endless.
Just keep in mind that you’ll want to mix all the raw ingredients together (salsa, jalapenos, lettuce) and all the cooked ingredients together (beans, enchilada sauce, etc).
Bonus tip: For an even quicker dinner make everything the night before and refrigerate it (or freeze it!). All you have to do is then just bake for a little longer until everything gets warm.
- 1lb ground beef
- 1/2-1 can pinto beans (check for BPA-free lined cans)
- 1 1/2 – 2 Tbs Taco Seasoning
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced
- 8oz cheese, shredded (leave extra for sprinkling)
- 8oz sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown ground beef on medium heat. Add taco seasoning and beans; mix well; simmer on low for 5 minutes
- In a separate bowl, mix together tomatoes, sour cream, and cheese. Add other raw ingredients at this point if you’d like.
- Layer an 8×8 glass dish with beef/bean mixture and top it with the cheese mixture. Sprinkle extra cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until sour cream and cheese are melty and gooey.
- Serve with chips and quacamole and taco night just got a little more fun.