Einkorn Pumpkin Muffins aren’t just for Fall, but because we’re currently in this season we’re going to embrace them with an open heart and arms, and stomach of course.
This is one of my new favorite muffin recipes because of a few things:
- They’re easy to make
- They’re made with our new Vanilla Coconut Sugar which gives it an AMAZING depth of taste
- They’re spiced with our Pumpkin Spice Seasoning which also gives it an incredible taste
- They come out soft and fluffy, and rise beautifully
If you’re feeling extra spunky, you can even add a streusel top to it – although they are so good they really don’t need anything extra.
Since this recipe makes quite a few muffins, I really like to freeze half of them so I can pull them out later on as a quick snack for myself or for my son. They typically defrost perfectly by the time he has his snack time in school. He’s pretty picky and I haven’t heard him once complain that the muffins weren’t defrosted enough.
To freeze I recommend placing completely cooled Einkorn Pumpkin Muffins on a tray and placing them in the freezer for 2 hours. Once the two hours is up (and I highly recommend setting a timer on your phone), place the frozen muffins in a freezer-safe container and write the date on them. Doing the additional step of freezing them separately beforehand, prevents them from sticking together and getting serious freezer burn. I would say they stay good for 1-3 months in the freezer.
Spiced Vanilla Sugar Einkorn Pumpkin Muffins
Yield: 24 muffins
- 2 cups einkorn flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Spice Seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Vanilla Coconut Sugar (or Vanilla Sugar, depending on preference)
- 2/3 cup Refined Coconut Oil, melted (find it here)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 can pureed pumpkin