The frosting is what makes the cake, cupcake, quick-bread, or cookie — are we right?
That’s why it’s super important to totally ditch the frostings you find at the store (even the health food stores!) and make your own from scratch. Frostings are one of those foods that are LOADED with unhealthy additives, flavors, and ingredients. Fortunately they are also one of those foods that are actually really simple to make at home, using wholesome ingredients that you can feel good about.
This Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting is made with 4 simple ingredients: organic butter, organic cream cheese, organic powdered sugar, and our seasonal Pumpkin Pie Spice (we’re really proud of how balanced our Pumpkin Pie Spice is).
Use this versatile frosting to top muffins, cupcakes, bread, cake, or your finger. Scroll below to find a really easy pumpkin bread recipe.
Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted organic butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 1 bar (8oz) organic cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup organic powdered sugar, to start
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- In a large bowl, beat together (with an electric mixer) butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add 2/3 cup powdered sugar and continue beating until smooth. Add more powdered sugar if needed or until you get the consistency/sweetness you prefer).
- Mix in 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice and beat for another 30 seconds.
Looking for something sweet to top this Spiced Cream Cheese frosting on?
This Pumpkin Einkorn Bread is the perfect match!