Call us old fashioned but we believe no Thanksgiving holiday is complete without a big ol’ hunk of pumpkin pie topped with overflowing whipped cream.
Many pumpkin pie recipes call for sweetened condensed milk, loads of granulated sugar, and canned pumpkin with way too many ingredients in it — but not this one! Our Pumpkin Pie Filling recipe uses either fresh pureed pumpkin or canned pumpkin using only one ingredient (we’ve shared a link to our favorite canned pumpkin), full-fat coconut milk and a little bit of pure cane sugar.
No need to worry about getting the ratios right of cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice — our Pumpkin Pie Spice is an incredibly delicious and perfectly balanced blend of all those warm spices that scream pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving.
You’re welcome. 🙂
Pumpkin Pie Filling (Without Condensed Milk)
Makes one pie dish filling
- 15oz fresh pureed pumpkin (or canned pumpkin with no other ingredients added)
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pre-heat oven to 365 degrees
- Prepare pie crust, if needed
- In a large bowl, gently whisk together eggs; then add the rest of the ingredients
- Place pie crust on top of a rimmed baking sheet
- Pour pumpkin pie filling into pie crust and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the center is slightly jiggly.
- Place on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely. Top with homemade whipped cream.