These freezer-friendly breakfast burritos are where it’s at if you’re looking for something that is satisfying, can be made ahead of time, and can be easily eaten on the road (you know, for those times that you hit the snooze button one too many times).
It does take a little bit of prep time — about an hour from start to finish — but it’s totally worth it! Our Taco Seasoning gives it just the right amount of kick and flavor without it being overwhelming.
You can add other ingredients if you don’t have the veggies we list on hand, or switch up the onion from yellow to red. You can even omit the cheese if you’re avoiding dairy. If you’re not big on the wrap, skip it and just eat the scrambled eggs, meat, and veggies together. Surprisingly, it’s just as tasty heated up the next day on the stove for a few minutes.
Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burritos
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 8oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3-4 medium peppers, diced
- 1/2 lb plain pork sausage
- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 cup fresh grated white cheddar cheese or mixture of different cheeses
- 2 Tbl Taco Seasoning
- 8 large organic burrito wraps
- Brown sausage with 1 1/2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning for 5 minutes on medium heat
- Add chopped bacon and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until bacon is fully cooked
- Remove meat from pan with a slotted spoon and place on a plate with a paper towel to drain
- Add vegetables to pan and cook for 3-5 minute, or until you reach your desired consistency (crunchy veggies versus softer)
- Remove vegetables from pan with a slotted spoon and place on a plate/bowl with a paper towel to drain
- Scramble eggs with 1/2 tablespoon Taco Seasoning and remove from pan
- Allow all ingredients to cool completely
- Ensemble ingredients in the middle of each burrito and top with cheese then roll closed
- You can place burritos in tin foil and then in freezer ziplocks
To defrost and eat:
- The night before, remove the burrito from the freezer and place it in the refrigerator to thaw.
- Warm at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until burrito is warmed through.